Guides and Inventories
The Center offers the administration, interpretation, and use of assessments for individual leaders and groups and customized facilitation based on the needs and goals of the unit or department.
Resources for individual assessment and improvement:
- Clifton StrengthsFinder – Based on a 40-year study of human strengths, Gallup created a language of the 34 most common talents and developed the CliftonStrengths assessment to help individuals discover and describe these talents.
- Leadership Competencies Scorecard – The Leadership Competencies Scorecard provides a competency-based framework for leadership effectiveness and allows individuals to rate their understanding and skill in each of the five competencies based the framework provided in What Leaders Need to Know and Do.
- Leadership and Communication Style Inventories – The Leadership Style Inventory and Communication Style Inventory were designed to help individuals reflect on and better understand their unique approaches to leadership and communication and those demonstrated by others in their unit, department, or organization.
- 3-2-1 Approach to Faculty Development
Resources for organizational assessment and improvement:
The following resources may be used by leaders across Rutgers seeking to lead organizational change, engage in systematic planning, or participate in purposeful mentoring conversations
- Excellence in Higher Education/Academic Health – Guides and tools for the review, assessment, planning, and renewal of higher education institutions, departments, and programs
- Organizational Strategy, Design, and Planning Tools — Three tools to guide organizational strategy development, design, and planning. Each is designed to enhance synergy, leverage strengths, increase coherence, make the best possible use of available resources.
- Diagnosing Your Organization’s Culture
- Faculty Organizational Climate Inventory
- Staff Organizational Climate Inventory
- Strategic Planning in Higher Education Framework
- Understanding and Leading Organizational Change Workbook