As an active research center, researchers from OL have published nearly 20 books and 50 journal articles in the areas of leadership, communication, crisis, and training and development in higher education. Recent book projects include the following:
- Leadership in Academic Health Centers: Core Concepts and Critical Cases (Gigliotti & Goldthwaite, Kendall Hunt Publishing, 2021)
- Communication and Human Behavior, 7th edition (Ruben & Stewart, Kendall Hunt Publishing, 2020)
- Crisis Leadership in Higher Education: Theory and Practice (Gigliotti, Rutgers University Press, 2019)
- Leadership, Communication, and Social Influence: A Theory of Resonance, Activation, and Cultivation (Ruben & Gigliotti, Emerald Publishing, 2019)
- Leadership: Social Influence in Personal and Professional Settings (Gigliotti, Ruben & Goldthwaite, Kendall Hunt Publishing, 2017)
- A Guide for Leaders in Higher Education: Core Concepts, Competencies, and Tools (Ruben, De Lisi, & Gigliotti, Stylus Publishing, 2016)
Recent peer-reviewed articles have been published in the Journal of Leadership and Organizational Studies, Journal of Applied Research in Higher Education, International Journal of Business Communication, Journal of Leadership Education, and Atlantic Journal of Communication, along with numerous book chapters and international encyclopedia contributions.
Members of the OL team are also actively involved in numerous professional organizations, and the work of the Center has been presented at recent meetings of the International Leadership Association, International Communication Association, National Communication Association, and Network for Change and Continuous Innovation.